Senior Documentation Manager
ValidMind is on a mission to become the world’s leading provider of trust for AI/ML and algorithmic models. Our initial focus is to modernize how Financial Institutions and Insurance companies conduct their Model Validation and Model Risk Management (MRM) activities. ValidMind’s approach reimagines model validation activities to make them more efficient, more consistent, and of higher quality. Our platform automatically generates documentation for algorithmic models and proactively identifies potential risks for both traditional and machine-learning models, thus enabling effective model validation according to compliance and regulatory requirements.
We believe that through more effective identification and documentation of model risks, we can enable more trust in those models for our customers, their customers, and the public at large. ValidMind’s mission is backed by the AI Fund (https://aifund.ai/), and Dr. Andrew Ng.
If this mission resonates with you, we’d love to hear from you!
Are you excited by Machine Learning (ML) and Artificial Intelligence (AI)? ValidMind is hiring a Senior Documentation Manager for our documentation team. In this role, you will lead our efforts to create documentation for our Model Risk Management platform and more. You will help build a team of Documentation Writers who write content for our MRM solution, primarily focused on the model developer/data scientist, model validator, model auditor, and executive audiences.
You will be responsible for developing and growing the writers on your team. Your team documents new features for existing solutions, improves existing documentation, and manages feedback loops with customers. As a technical leader, you set the standard for excellence for our documentation, ensuring that we deliver technically accurate, well-written, simple, and customer-focused documentation. You will help set and deliver on goals for documenting new features and solutions, as well as improving the quality of existing documentation. You will also be expected to work with the ValidMind engineering and product teams on shared goals and efforts.
ValidMind’s documentation is critical to our customers’ success because it is not only a tool to navigate our solution, it helps and guides customers’ model validation, documentation, and testing processes that are critical to their business ensuring regulatory and commercial compliance. We use agile processes allowing us to continuously release new features and solutions. You and your team are responsible to ensure that our documentation is continuously updated.
The ideal candidate has a technical background that enables her or him to interact easily with Software Engineers, Data Scientists, Product Managers, and Solution Architects; outstanding people management skills to hire and develop the best; and a demonstrated ability to deliver high-quality technical publications. The ideal candidate also has experience working with ML/AI technologies and frameworks and understands customer scenarios and workflows.
- Lead and develop a team of Technical Writers
- Drive the strategy and documentation planning with engineering teams and writers
- Produce high-quality documentation for a variety of ValidMind’s solutions
- Collaborate with Product Management and Engineering to enhance our automated documentation solution
- Define writing projects and set goals
- Identify opportunities to improve writer efficiency
- Drive customer learning efforts and engage with the community
- 10+ years experience as a technical writer or similar role.
- 5+ years of experience as a manager.
- Proven work experience managing a team of technical writers.
- Excellent writer and communicator with extreme attention to detail.
- Strong stakeholder management skills with an ability to work across departments.
- Confidence in executing tasks independently and working with remote team members.
- Self-motivated, organized, and able to work independently and make independent judgments.
- Strong organizational skills to manage multiple projects with tight deadlines effectively.
- Experience managing a knowledge base for multiple software as a service (SaaS) products.
- Proactive mindset
Bonus points if you:
- Have experience with B2B, fintech, or AI/ML products.
- You have previously worked on technical products and AI/ML solutions.
- Health Care Plan & Benefits
- Paid Time Off
- Work From Home
- Stock Option Plan
- Exciting career development prospects, participating in the growth of a VC-backed company from the earliest stages, and growing into a leadership role.